Andy solves legal and business problems for high-growth companies, from founders with an idea to later-stage businesses. She works with clients on all aspects of business operations and strategy, whether it is to raise capital through debt or equity financing (both on the public and private markets), buy or sell all or part of a business, ensure corporate governance and public company regulatory compliance or discuss a customary commercial agreement. Her work also involves representing companies on their go-public transactions, through an initial public offering and a reverse take-over, and capital pool company listings.
She is relied upon as “outside general counsel” by both entrepreneurs and TSX-V listed companies for a variety of on-going matters and to navigate complex legal issues. Andy has represented clients from a variety of industries with a focus on technology, financial services, retail and food tech. The most rewarding part of her role is to help driven and talented people accomplish the growth and success they envisioned for their business.
Andy enjoys implementing systems to improve efficiency and outcomes so whenever possible, she takes an active role in various on-going projects at Oziel Law.
- Presenter, “Legal tips for Freelancers”, for Toptal, March 2020.
- Oziel Blog, How your Start-Up can Become a Public Company Now (or Sooner): An introduction to the Capital Pool Company Program (December 29, 2020)
- 2020 – Represented A-Labs Capital I Corp. (now, Banxa Holdings Inc.) on its qualifying transaction and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange. The go-public transaction was completed by way of a share exchange and reverse-takeover between A-Labs Capital I Corp and the shareholders of BTC Corporation Holding Pty Ltd. Banxa and its subsidiaries operate a fiat-to-crypto gateway and payments processor.
- 2020 – Acted for a fintech start-up in connection with a Seed Round Offering for $350,000.
- 2020 – Acted for a start-up in connection with a Seed Round Offering for $300,000.
- 2020 – Acted for a startup in the tech-beauty industry with regard to a Series A Private Placement for US$3 million.
- 2020 – Represented an early venture startup in connection with a loan consolidation in the aggregate of $1 million. The transaction involved the simultaneous closing of a revolving credit facility with a major Canadian bank.
- 2020 – Acted for a co-founder of a software engineering company in a corporate buy-out by way of a share purchase transaction for $2 million.
- 2019 – Represented Else Nutrition Holdings Inc., an innovative plant-based infant nutrition company, in connection with a reverse take over and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange. The transaction involved the simultaneous closing of a concurrent private placement for $7.5 million.
- 2019 – Counsel to A-Labs Capital II Corp. on listing as a capital pool company on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- 2018 – Counsel to A-Labs Capital I Corp. on listing as a capital pool company on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- 2018 – Acted for a startup in the tech-beauty industry in connection with a $250,000 seed financing.
- 2017 – Acted for a cannabis start-up in connection with a Series A Private Placement for $3 million and bridge equity financing for $1 million.
- 2017 – Represented a mid-market energy company with respect to a proposed amalgamation and reverse-takeover transaction on the TSX Exchange for a minimum financing of $23 million.
- 2017 – Advised the special committee of a mid-market cap cannabis issuer on a $430 million acquisition.
- 2017 – Advised a high growth lumber company on the acquisition of a privately-held regional lumber company. The transaction involved the simultaneous closing of a large credit facility with a major Canadian bank.
- 2016 – Represented a major Canadian bank in connection with a $10 million credit facility to a national Canadian infrastructure company.
- 2016 – Represented a large real estate company to sell its interest in two commercial retail properties located in the GTA for $75 million.
- 2016 – Acted for a large real estate investment trust with respect to an amendment and renewal of a $150 million credit loan to a large down condominium development.
- 2016 – Represented an Ontario municipal utility corporation on a request for proposal to acquire an Ontario municipal power utility corporation.