Allan Oziel’s practice focuses on providing a broad range of business, technology and intellectual property law services to clients ranging from start-up ventures to established businesses.
Prior to founding Oziel Law, Allan had experience practicing in a full-service Bay Street firm and acted as corporate counsel for a public financial institution. His experience has provided him with a unique perspective of the client’s preference for creative business solutions.
Allan is an active writer and speaker in the legal community. He is the past Chair of the Law Society of Ontario’s Solo and Small Firm Conference, the past Treasurer and Director of the Canadian Technology Lawyers Association and is a regular speaker on technology and intellectual property law, legal practice management, legal software and legal marketing.
In his spare time, Allan enjoys spending time with his family, reading up on the latest technology trends and watching his beloved Toronto Raptors.
- Presenter at LatAm Startups Bootcamp and Scale-Up Programs – 2019 – Present
- Presenter at Can-Tech Annual Conference 2019 – A Deep Dive on Deepfakes and Other Sources of AI Generated Fake News
- Presenter at LSUC Solo and Small Firm Conference 2019 – Developing a Niche Practice Area
- Presenter at LSUC Solo and Small Firm Conference 2018 – Closing Plenary – Becoming a Blockchain Lawyer
- Chair of Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC) Solo and Small Firm Conference 2015 – 2018
- Presenter at CBA Legal Conference, Deciding on Technology
- Presenter at OBA TECHXpo 2016, Apps and Gadgets for the Moblie Lawyer
- Presenter at LSUC Solo and Small Firm Conference 2015 – Advanced Marketing Roundtable (Presented with Russell Alexander)
- Presenter at Commons Institute Conference 2015 – Advanced Topics on Technology
- Presenter at OBA TECHxpo 2014 – Using Technology to Be More Efficient, Effective and Profitable (Presented with Donna Neff)
- Presenter at Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (ILCO) Intellectual Property Program 2014 – Trademark Searches and Application Process
- Presenter at LSUC Solo and Small Firm Conference 2014 – Big Firm Services on a Small Firm Budget
- Quoted in Chasing the Paperless Office – Lawyers Weekly (March 6, 2015)
- Quoted in Post No Ills – Forensic Fraud Magazine (Vol 4, No.2)
- Quoted in Choosing the Right Tech Tools – Lawyers Weekly (February 6, 2015)
- Quoted in CBA Report Highlights Technology Risks – Lawyers Weekly (October 3, 2014)
- Quoted in Do what you do Best and Have Others do the Rest – Lawyers Weekly (August 22, 2014)
- Going Small and Lean with Your Firm – Lawyers Weekly (July 26, 2013 Issue)
- Past Chair of LSUC Solo and Small Firm Conference
- Past Director and Treasurer of Canadian Technology Lawyers Association (Can-Tech)
- Member of Ontario Bar Association
Osgoode Hall Law School, L.L.B., 2008
York University, B.A. (Business)
Bereskin Parr Prize for Trademarks Law
Charles Edward Woodrow Scholarship
Called to the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario), 2009
Registered Trademark Agent (CA)