Dunny was a partner at a large downtown Toronto law firm before joining Oziel Law. He brings over a decade of experience in securities and corporate commercial law, focusing on start-up financings, private placements, IPOs and stock exchange listings, public and private mergers and acquisitions, and various other forms of business combinations and debt and equity financings. He also has experience in shareholder and general corporate matters.
Dunny has acted for companies in industries such as technology, mining, manufacturing, real estate, and finance, and with assets located in Canada, the US, Israel, Mexico, South America, Turkey, Taiwan and Africa. He has represented founders, companies, investors, underwriters and agents in a wide range of transactions, including private placements, IPOs, secondary offerings, reverse takeovers, plans of arrangement, capital pool company IPOs and qualifying transactions, as well as advising on day to day general corporate and securities compliance matters. He deals frequently with the Ontario Securities Commission, Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange.
Dunny is involved, in the capacity as an investor, director, and pro-bono advisor, with start-up and tech ventures in Canada and Israel. He also has a passion for the arts. He has performed and recorded original music as a guitarist and singer, including having organized and performed at charity and human rights concerts in Toronto and London, Ontario.
- 2017 – Presenter, “Raising Money” seminar, BioLink Incubator, The Goodman School of Business, Brock University
- 2017 – Presenter, “Raising Money 101: Demystifying the Term Sheet” seminar, Get Investment Ready, Keiretsu Central Canada Forum
- 2017 – Assisted the Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) in sourcing Israeli cybersecurity companies for its 2017 program Ontario-Israel Research Network Program (OIRNP) – Cybersecurity in the Finance Sector
- 2016 – Member of TSX’s Capital Markets delegation to Israel and Presenter at TSX Capital Markets and Liquidity in North America, TSX Seminar, Tel Aviv
- 2016 – Member of Ontario and Premiere Wynn’s business delegation to Israel
- 2016 – Presenter, “Term Sheets and Offerings” seminar, Get Investment Ready, Keiretsu Central Canada Forum
- 2016 – Presenter, “Start-Up Legal Seminar” seminar, at BioLinc Incubator, The Goodman School of Business, Brock University
- 2017 – Counsel to Mortgage Investment Corporation with respect to a large equity financing
- 2017 – Counsel to Capital Pool Company in its reactivation on the NEX board of the TSX Venture Exchange and related debt and equity financing
- 2016-2017 – Counsel to high-net worth investors in VC-led financings (Series A-D) of Canadian and US tech companies, primarily in the B2B SaaS and fintech space
- 2015 – Counsel to Taiwan telco company on milestone Reverse Takeover and TSX Venture listing, which represented the first Taiwanese company to list on the TSX Venture and the first successful listing under the TSX Venture’s formal Emerging Market Issuer Policy
- 2015 – Counsel to TSX-V listed mobile gaming company on capital raise and $100M purchase of Israeli social casino-themed gaming company
- 2013 – Counsel to Agent on $6.9 million Prospectus Financing and TSXV Listing of social gaming software provider
- 2013 – Counsel to Syndicate Of Underwriters on $50 million public offering of convertible debentures
- 2012 – Counsel to public Rare Earths Mining Company on $1.3 Billion sale to US buyer.
- 2012 – Counsel to public Mining Company on share sale effected by way of Plan of Arrangement
- 2012 – Counsel to publicly-traded Mining Company on a $57 million business combination, which resulted in a combined company holding a portfolio of base and precious metals projects spanning along the Andes in Peru, Colombia and Chile
- 2011 – Counsel to Chinese Agricultural Production and Processing Company on Reverse Take-Over Transaction and TSXV Listing
- 2017 – The Law Society Foundation’s Toronto Lawyers Feed the Hungry Program
- 2017 – Tbe Leacock Foundation, Literacy Program
- Osgoode Hall Law School, L.L.B., 2007
- Universiteit van Amsterdam, International Law and European Union Law Semester, 2006
- University of Western Ontario, Classical Studies, Honours B.A., 2004
- Called to the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario), 2008
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association