Are you Eligible for a Canadian Startup Visa?
To qualify for the Startup Visa Program, you must make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Prove your business is supported by a designated organization.
- Meet the language requirements.
- Have sufficient funds to settle in Canada.
- Own a qualifying business.
How to Receive a Letter of Support from a Designated Organization?
The first step in the Startup Visa Program is to convince a venture capital fund, angel investor group or business incubator that your business is worth investing in. These organizations must be one designated by the Canadian government as participants of the Startup Visa program.
How to Incorporate a Qualifying Business?
Up to five individuals can be apply for a Canadian Startup Visa as owners of the same business. We can help you to incorporate your business in Canada and to comply with the following ownership requirements:
- Each applicant must hold at least 10% of the voting rights, and;
- Together, the designated organization and the applicants must hold more than 50% of the voting rights.