Junior Bookkeeper and Operations Manager
One to three years of experience preferred
We’re looking for a ⭐. We are a fast-growing business that is constantly learning how to improve by taking cues from our innovative clients.
We’re looking for someone who is truly passionate about working in a fast-paced environment with really cool people and clients. We want someone who will learn the ins-and-outs of our business, help us grow, and help us lead. Since our vision is to create a diversified business – a new generation law firm that is focused on scalable growth and innovation – you should be eager and passionate to be a builder and help guide us to this vision.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and references by e-mail to Allan Oziel.
About our Firm
We specialize in business and technology law for companies that are building amazing things.
Our edge is our people and their focus on innovation. We build and use technology to make the business of law better for our clients and the community.
Our clients are start-ups and fast-growing businesses in a range of industries such as software, robotics, food science, biotech, gaming, e-sports, blockchain, and fashion/apparel. Our clients are founders and entrepreneurs – this means real people with passion and ambition.
To learn more about our firm, visit our website.
Our Tech Stack
While we miss working together from our office in Toronto, our unique tech sack allows our employees to work from anywhere. Our stack includes:
- Legal and Accounting Software – Clio, Quickbooks Online, WagePoint for payroll and HubDoc
- Communications and other Tech – Slack, Zoom, Google Workspace, and Microsoft 365
What You Will Work On
- Help us get paid! – Prepare invoices, manage accounts receivable and payable using Clio and our online payment tools
- Keep Us Organized and Compliant! – Manage the books and payroll of the law firm and related businesses, including reconciliation of trust accounts and corporate/HST tax remittance
- Give us Financial Insight! – Help us make smart business decisions by maintaining budgets, monitoring our expenses, and helping us learn how to make data-driven decisions.
- Be A Leader! – Help the partners oversee the administration of HR matters, including implementing firm policies, onboarding new team members, and managing our benefits program.
- Provide a Diverse Perspective! Learn the business and help identify and shape ways to brainstorm, research, test, and validate new business lines and revenue streams. Help shape and execute the vision of the business.
Qualifications & Education
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in bookkeeping, office management, and administration, including:
- An excellent understanding of accrual bookkeeping, payroll, debits and credits, clearing accounts, bank reconciliations, and more
- An excellent understanding of the ins and outs of how an accounting system works: Invoicing, payables, bookkeeping, tax rates, etc.
- Proficiency in cloud-based accounting software (such as Quickbooks Online), payroll software (such as WagePoint)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A love for tech and the ability to learn new tech quickly
- It would be awesome if you:
- Have some experience working in the legal or professional services industry
- Have used Clio or know how to handle trust accounts
- Have used some or all of our tech stack