Debora’s practice focuses on helping businesses with start-up matters from incorporation, contract drafting, to fundraising and setting them up for seamless growth. Debora works with companies in a broad range of industries, specializing with those who have an emphasis on technology. Debora most recently has worked with a variety of med-tech platforms and software companies, companies with a combination of hardware and SaaS offerings, design and beauty companies, cannabis companies, gaming providers and creators, and Microsoft resellers that offer their own plug-ins and add-ons. For these companies and other clients, Debora has crafted highly customized, SaaS license and service agreements, master services agreements, reseller agreements, terms of service and privacy policies, and contractor agreements (for project managers, developers, and other independent contractors).
Prior to working at Oziel Law, Debora articled with a full-service mid-sized bay street law firm, where she was exposed to both corporate law and commercial litigation. Debora briefly practiced in commercial litigation but was given a unique opportunity to follow her passion for the arts and work for a top tier entertainment law firm. Debora’s broad legal experiences give her a unique and fulsome approach to her practice, allowing her to not only advise companies on their present position but also to prepare them for and help them achieve their future goals.
When Debora is not working, she enjoys baking with her daughter and spending time with her family. Debora is an avid lover of the arts. Although she no longer performs on stage, she loves attending the theatre when she can, and otherwise, you can find her in front of the TV watching her favourite sitcoms.
- Presenter at startGBC’s Summer Camp, August 2020, Business Incorporation Considerations
- Presenter to gBETA’s Summer 2020 Cohert at a Speakers Series, July 2020, Contracts and Other Legal Considerations for Tech Businesses
- Presenter at startGBC Legal Lunch and Learn, April 2020, Structuring Your Business
- Mentor Advisor at George Brown’s Women Entrepreneur Skills Empowerment Speed Mentoring, October 2019
- Presenter at startGBC’ Entrepreneurship Discovery Bootcamp, August 2019, Structuring Your Business
- Legal Advisor, startGBC
- Past Executive (Member at Large), OBA Entertainment, Media and Communications Law Section Executive