We are seeking a passionate and energetic legal assistant to work in a dynamic workplace. We work hard to create an environment that values empathy, honesty, and accountability. We take care of our clients and each other! With us, you will get to learn about the legal profession and gain hands-on experience.
About the Role
As a boutique, we work in small teams with diverse clients in a fast-paced environment. You will support incredible companies as they go through challenging and exciting phases of their growth. From start-up foundations, to raising money, M&A transactions, and going public. You will provide administrative support to our team of lawyers. You will also use legal software to create an efficient workflow and minimize paperwork. You will be the face and voice of the firm as you will be working directly with our clients on a regular basis.
About our Firm
Oziel Law specializes in business and technology law with an innovative edge; we use and create technology to deliver the most optimized legal solutions for clients. Our clients are start-ups and fast-growing businesses in a range of industries such as software, robotics, food science, biotech, gaming, e-sports, blockchain, and fashion/apparel. Our clients are founders and entrepreneurs - this means real people with passion and ambition.
- Prepare and file articles and corporate documentation relating to simple/complex incorporations, partnerships, organizations, amendments.
- Prepare and maintain corporate records, including by-laws, resolutions, registers, and ledgers.
- Provide administrative support to the firm’s lawyers.
- Provide on-going office management such as billing, calendarizing, and event planning.
Qualifications & Education
- 1 to 3 years of experience working as an assistant. Experience in a legal environment is optimal.
- The following background/experiences would be an asset:
- Working knowledge of Cyberbahn; and
- Proficiency n legal software, cloud-based software (electronic signature platforms), G-Suite software (Google Docs, Gmail) and Office 365 software (OneDrive, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and references addressed to our assoicate Andy Andrei @ email@example.com